This web site use private and third party cookies to optimize your navigation, suit your preferences and perform analytical tasks. By continuing browsing accept our Cookies Policy.


Certificate request

What kind of certificates can I request?

Personal Academic Certificate
(also commonly called Academic Transcript) includes details of the marks obtained so far in each of the subjects as well as the language required to pass, recognition, etc., and the average mark of the transcript.
The subjects enrolled in the current academic year are also listed.

I am studying an Official Joint Degree Programme (PCEO) or a Combined Degree Programme (PFC), which academic certificate can I request?

Whether you are studying an Official Joint Degree Programme (PCEO) or a Combined Degree Programme for an official or a Deusto degree programme, you are studying (or have studied) two study programmes simultaneously. There will be a file for each degree programme and they will be certified separately. Each will lead to the award of one degree.

In case you started a PCEO in the past and dropped out, in order to continue studying one of the programmes, the subjects you passed in the programme you did not continue (that you dropped out of and did not finish) was incorporated in the form of Transfer of Credits into the transcript that continued active and is no longer certified separately. Therefore, if you need a certificate of what you achieved in the study you dropped out of, you should apply for an academic transcript of the programme in which you continued.

Other specific certificates:

Certificate of Enrolment Students can download a certificate of enrolment from, which includes details of the subjects enrolled. However, if you need an official certificate, you can also apply for one. This certificate states the course in which you are or have been enrolled, but does not specify the subjects you are enrolled in.

Certificate of Completion of studies It includes the study programme you have completed and for which you can obtain a degree certificate. The subjects and marks obtained are not listed in it.

Certificate of External Internships (Official Bachelor’s and Master's Degrees). It gives a more detailed description than the academic transcript, and includes the tasks completed.

Certificate of Doctoral Thesis Defence. It certifies the successful completion of studies leading to the award of an official PhD degree, including the successful completion of the thesis defence.

Certificate of completion of studies for the Bachelor’s degree in Political Philosophy and Economics

If you have successfully completed the degree programme leading to the award of an official Bachelor’s degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from the Comillas Pontifical University and the University of Deusto, or those leading to the official degree of Bachelor’s degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from Comillas Pontifical University, the University of Deusto and Ramon Llull University (inter-university joint degrees), you should bear in mind that the coordinating university and the one responsible for issuing the official degree certificate and the European Diploma Supplement (EDS) will be Comillas Pontifical University. Therefore, as from 1 September of the year of completion of studies, the academic transcript shouldl be requested and issued by Comillas Pontifical University.

During the course of their studies and until 30 July of the year of completion (August is closed for the issuing of degree and diploma certificates), students enrolled at the UD should request their certificate from this University. They should also apply to the UD for their degree certificate and the UD will be responsible for processing it at the coordinating university.

If you need to request a replacement degree certificate or order more copies of the European Diploma Supplement, you must apply directly to the Comillas Pontifical University, the custodian of your file.

How can I request a certificate?

The University of Deusto is working on the implementation of a self-service system that will make it possible to request certificates and pay fees online.

Until it is implemented, you can apply for the certificate by post or in person at the University of Deusto.

Campus Bilbao - General Secretariat
Avenida de las Universidades 24
48007 - Bilbao
944 139 003 (Ext. 2657)
Monday to Friday: 9:00 - 13:00
Tuesday and Thusday: 9:00 - 13:00 and 14:30 - 16:00

Campus San Sebastián - Secretaría General
Mundaiz 50
20012 - Donostia - San Sebastian
943 326 310
Monday to Friday: 9:00 - 13:00
Tuesday and Thursday: 9:00 - 13:00 and 14:30 - 16:00

Please note: Students or graduates of Erasmus Mundus degrees, please contact the Master's office before submitting your request.

What supporting documents do I need to provide to request a certificate?

To request a certificate, you must complete and sign the application form and submit it together with the required supporting documents, which are detailed on the back of the application form. The forms are available on the website.

Download form and instructions

When and how can I obtain the requested certificate?

Certificates take up to 7 working days (usually 10 calendar days) to prepare. Please check the UD calendar here.
The certificate may be collected by the interested party or authorised person. If the certificate is to be collected by another person, the authorisation form signed by the certificate holder must be submitted or sent to the General Secretariat, together with the supporting documents specified in it, which may also be submitted by the authorised person upon collection.

Certificates can also be posted upon request. To do so, you must complete a postal application form and attach the required supporting documents.

I need a certified copy of my academic transcript

The University of Deusto is not a public university and its staff does not include civil servants. Hence, it does not issue certified copies.
To obtain a certified copy you can:

  • Go to a notary's office
  • Submit a copy and the original document (for verification purposes) to the entity to hich it is to be accredited, the recipient of the document.

I need my Academic Transcript in English

The University of Deusto only issues its certificates in English in the case of study programmes that can be taken entirely in English.
In general, we can provide our students and graduates who request so, free of charge, with the official grading system translated into English (extracted from the BOE (Spanish Official Gazette)), as well as the translation of the subject names, which will allow the recipient to have the basic information in English.

We know that many companies and institutions accept a sworn statement of truth with a translation made by the candidate himself/herself, at least at an early stage of the process, so it is not always necessary to incur the expense of a sworn translation.

Once graduated, when we have the EDS (European Diploma Supplement), it will contain all the information of the transcript in Spanish, Basque and English.